The votes are in and whether your favorite candidate won, lost, or is headed to a runoff, contested races helped boost Democratic turnout locally and across the state! Democratic turnout of 1.1 million votes is up more than 100% from 510,000 in 2014, and Democrats spent little in paid media.
Our base is enthusiastic, with an early vote at a huge 47% of the total vote. A Dem is running for every congressional seat and for almost 90% of seats in the #TXlege. We have a diverse, strong coordinated statewide campaign that reflects the Texas electorate.
The blue wave has reached Texas and we want you to ride it with us. In the last few months, The Mid-Cities Democrats:
• Introduced you to the candidates running for Congress, District 24
• Kicked-off Democratic Nominee for Lt. Governor Mike Collier’s statewide public education tour
• Held the only Tarrant County gubernatorial debate
• Were the only Tarrant County club to feature our Democratic nominees for Land Commissioner, Railroad Commissioner, and Comptroller
• Hosted Ed Espinoza, Executive Director of Progress Texas
As we do each cycle, our events will soon transition from speaker-focused to action-focused, with phone banks and canvassing coordinated with local campaigns. We know it takes hard work to get our candidates elected.
Will you support this work by joining/renewing/ or making an additional one-time donation?
Join your neighbors, make new friends, and help The Mid-Cities Democrats defeat Trump Republicans in November.